Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Finance Officer 2018
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Finance Officer 2018 – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. The primary aim of the organization is to support civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Finance Officer 2018 – Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is now recruiting candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- The Finance officer has to assist the AdminManager in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Treasury & Cash Follow-up:
- To manage the petty cash
- To do daily physical inventory of the petty cash with the Admin Assistant, and report any discrepancies to superior
- To ensure availability of cash at base level and forecast any cash issue
- To prepare and follow up the pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- To prepare and validate any checks done at base level
- To monitor due dates for payments of contracts
- To organize the good process of regular payments
- To guarantee the security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Finance & Accounting Management:
- To check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI’s regulations and procedures
- To record all expenses in the excel books on a daily basis, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code, etc.)
- To participate in the consolidation of budget follow-ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- To prepare the weekly financial forecast of the base, compile it, and send it to the Admin Manager for validation
- To be in charge of the monthly closing, revision and accounts for the base
- To issue vouchers, and to properly archive the invoices and Saga vouchers in dedicated files, as per the donors’ rules and regulations.
- To collect all invoices exempted from the VAT
- To issue a monthly With Holding Tax report
- To prepare the bank reconciliation at the end of each month
- To check and to be responsible for following up the program payments if applicable
- To be responsible of the preparation of the annual closing documents for the base.
- To assist in the preparation for the external audit visits (donor and coordination visits)
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- To be able to respect the monthly accountancy calendar
- To implement successfully mobile payment to reduce cash payment as much as possible
- To ensure the accountancy hard copies quality
- To implement successfully the withholding tax report and payment
- Language skills – Fluent in Haussa/ English, Kanuri is appreciated
- Education degree – University degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant degree
- Work experience – Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge and skills – Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills – Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and finance
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.