Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Procurement Assistant
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Procurement Assistant – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. The primary aim of the organization is to support civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Procurement Assistant – Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is now recruiting candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible to process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services and reporting of procurement tools.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive procurement requests/purchase orders, clarify request when necessary and complete purchase order;
- Organize the procurement process;
- Ensure that the project codes and budget lines are accurate;
- Seek products that offer good value for money and negotiate the best prices;
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done;
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered;
- Ensure good relationships are established with local suppliers;
- Ensure the implementation of PUI procedures;
- Facilitate proper paper trail and filing of all procurement documents;
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Supply Manager.
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up up-dated
- Ensure the price list up-date on a monthly base.
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts is in compliance with PUI procedures
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Supply Manager
Storage and Transportation:
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in the organization of a safe first delivery of goods equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location.
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in the overall supervision of stocks;
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in a proper management of program stocks.
- Language skills – English / Hausa / Kanuri
- Education degree – Diploma or graduate degree in Logistics, Business or any other professional qualification.
- Work experience – Minimum 06 months with INGO
Knowledge and Skill:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Procurement, Negotiation, Communication Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Pack Office and any other software
- Other required skills;
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Good physical condition
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.