Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Health Worker Supervisor
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Health Worker Supervisor – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. The primary aim of the organization is to support civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Health Worker Supervisor – Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Worker Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- The community health workers’ supervisor is responsible for the community health workers’ team and is in charge of the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of their activities, to promote, maintain and improve the individual and community health by assisting and encouraging the community to adopt healthy behaviors.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Supervision And Training Of The Community Health Workers:
- Train and support the CHW team in the design of health and hygiene promotion interventions.
- Supervise the CHW team on the field.
- Develop IEC tools in collaboration with the team and other PUI staffs as required (PHCC, WASH, PM).
- Accompany the CHWs in their preparation of a campaign: ensure they have the necessary equipment and materials.
- Suggest innovative approaches in order to meet the needs of the target population.
Health And Hygiene Promotion Data Collection And Reporting:
- In charge of planning, monitoring, and evaluation of health and hygiene promotion/education programs in the target areas.
- Suggest necessary/potential modification of the health and hygiene activities in order to improve the project’s efficiency.
- Daily debriefing with the rest of the team.
- Attend the weekly PUI team meeting.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders on the ground – within PUI but also other NGOs of the camp for smooth, efficient and effective implementing of health and hygiene promotion.
- Participate in writing an activity report
- Ensures the link to PHCC activities with respective team leaders.
- Supports the realisation of any other activities such as vaccination campaigns, survey etc. according to the needs and as directed.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Hausa, Kanuri (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: Graduate from High School–training in health and hygiene
- Work experience:
- Proven experience in NGOs.
- Experience in the health sector
- Successful experience in team management
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication (especially in public) and diplomacy skills to manage the relationship in potentially tense situations
Knowledge and skill:
- Ability to solve problems, find practical solutions, and to adapt.
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and autonomy
- Team management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.