Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Worker Officer
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Worker Officer – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. The primary aim of the organization is to support civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Worker Officer – Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is recruiting for its Health team in Monguno, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Community Worker Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Community Team Manager, the Community Worker Officer is responsible for the set-up and activities development of the community health network; and all community health intervention and outreach approach as based on PUI Health intervention strategy in the supported catchment area of PHCC and other priority assigned areas.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead the scale up plan for developing the community health network in the areas assigned in the project intervention framework.
- Lead the implementation process of the tracking system for referrals from the community to the PHCC and liaise with the Health Field Officer for the activities related to referral with the PHCC (e.g. follow up special cases, immunization drop outs).
- Ensure that Community Health Workers have the necessary information on the referral system and provided services and properly understand the activities to be implemented in the framework of the project.
- Responsible of the provision of training to Community Health Workers on thematic of public health importance for the community and relevant aspects for the collaborative work with the community health workers, nurses, and midwives.
- Responsible of the all community health interventions and activities defined, s/he follows up on the master work plan together with the Team Health Community Manager.
- Report immediately any difficulty or delay faced in the implementation of activities to the direct manager.
- Cooperate with MEAL Department to conduct any MEAL related activities (such as surveys, field feedbacks, and lessons learned exercise among others).
- Liaise with the IM Officer to make sure data registration is accurate on hard and digital copies
- Supervise Community Health Workers and ensure the timely implementation of their activities.
- Coordinate the work of all Community Health Workers: work plans, progress toward targets, and frequency of submitting collected data.
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders concerning community intervention activities.
- Support Community Health Supervisor and Community Health Workers in improving their performance.
- Routine field visits to monitor Community Health Workers activities.
- Continuously collect feedback from Community Health Supervisors and Community Health Workers
Logistic & administration:
- Define the needs in materials and tools required to conduct training, health campaigns, and outreach activities.
- Organize and coordinate training sessions: venue, attendees, and support materials.
Reporting & Data collection:
- Collect and report information on identified cases from Community Health Workers.
- Identify the number of assessed individuals by the Community Health Supervisor and Community Health Workers progress towards assigned target.
- Document and report training sessions and feedback from participants.
- Responsible of compile and report to the direct superior data on a weekly, monthly, quarter and annual basis or upon request.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Hawsa, Kanuri (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University – level in health field –qualification in public health or related field an asset
- Work experience: Proven experience in NGOs.
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good knowledge of Community Health
- Excellent experience in conducting trainings and monitoring teams
- Excellent communication (especially in public) and diplomacy skills to manage the relationship in potentially tense situations
- Literacy in reporting, experience in conducting surveys
- Work in relief, interest for social issues
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage the relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and a hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.